Tuesday, November 2, 2010

#952 The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Halfway to Crazy"

Ok Well one of my all time favourite groups ever is Jesus and Mary Chain. Not only do they kill but they are Scottish and my affinity for Scottish rock knows no end! ...Out in the late 1980s and putting out powerful shoegaze til the mid 1990s and some beyond. My favourite album and what got me into them was Honey's Dead but Automatic is probably their most beloved. There are seven JAMC songs on the chart and this will be the first.

Best memory of JAMC: Seeing them at Bohagers in, what 1998 and Jim Reid apparently being way too drugged up and falling asleep on the drum riser? Well, maybe not my favourite memory but the second of only two shows i have seen from them (Lollapalooza 1992 being the first).

No comments:

Post a Comment